Golden Crown Literary Society
Author Spotlight Request Form
GCLS Annual Conference
July 5-9. 2017 –Crowne Plaza O'Hare
Author Spotlight Expectations
- Author Spotlight sessions will be moderated and timed.
- Five or six authors will share the “spotlight” for 50 minutes.
- The session will follow this format: 1 minute greeting/intro by moderator; 5 minutes per author to introduce and read selection; remaining 20-25 minutes for Q&A from moderator and audience
- The 5 minutes allotted to each author includes the introduction of her selection.
- A timer will signal each author when she has 2 minutes, 1 minute, and 30 seconds remaining.
- If necessary, the moderator will interrupt an author who has not heeded the timer’s signals. Thus, all authors should time their introductions and readings prior to the conference.
- NOTE: If there are fewer participants in a spotlight session, the moderator may amend the time limit and allow for more than 5 minutes per reader; however, the increase will be uniform for all participants.
- The schedule for Author Spotlight will be posted in the conference schedule in April.
- Please direct any questions you might have to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest!