Donate to the GCLS
The Golden Crown Literary Society is a 501(c)3 organization. Your donation is tax deductible.
The GCLS has a webpage dedicated to providing information on donation options, including amounts and current and future donations to the organization (e.g., leaving a legacy through estate planning).
Cash donations from private or corporate donors can be directed by the donor to be used for the purpose of:
- The Annual Fall Fundraiser (Nov 1 - Dec 31).
- General Fund (to be used at the discretion of the Board of Directors);
- Annual Conference;
- Education (Writing Academy);
- Events Fund (Events other than the Annual Conference);
- Scholarship Funds (Conference or Educational Scholarships);
- Technology Fund.
Donations can be one time, or you can set up a recurring monthly donation.
The GCLS identifies annual donation levels as follows:
- Benefactors of the GCLS: $10,000 and up.
- Patrons of the GCLS: $5,000 to $9,999.
- Supporters of the GCLS: $1,000 to $4,999.
- Affiliates of the GCLS: $250 to $999.
- Friends of the GCLS: $1 to $249.
SCHOLARSHIPS provide opportunities to people who would benefit from attending (1) the Annual Conference and who would otherwise not be able to attend; and (2) the Writer's Academy (only partial scholarships offered, up to $500). Conference Scholarships can cover hotel costs (up to $600). Recipients go through an application process that includes a review panel who assess applications with names/personal information redacted, in order to keep the process as fair and unbiased as possible.
We also welcome "IN-KIND" donations of services and items, at the discretion of the Board of Directors. For further information, please contact our Executive Director, Mary Phillips at email@example.com or our Director of Finance, Sandy Thornton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some examples of In-Kind donations are:
- Computers and peripherals
- Graphic Design
- Printing Services
- Video Production/equipment/software
Please click HERE to donate to one of our various funds.