Cate Culpepper Mentoring Program
To be approved for mentoring, your manuscript must have correct formatting and grammar, and your manuscript must be almost ready to submit to a publisher. Our mentors are here to help you present a better 'final' copy to publishers. We do not ask them to teach you some of the basics that you can easily learn online for free, or in writing manuals.
The Mentoring Program is now available all year, dependent on the availability of Mentors. We accept applications all year, and try to match accepted applicants with mentors as quickly as possible. For more information, please contact Liz McMullen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Submissions:
- Novel: 8,000 word writing sample and a one page synopsis of your novel.
- Short Story: 2,000 to 6,000 and brief synopsis (no longer than 500 words).
- Your writing sample must be from a manuscript that you believe is almost ready for publication and the one that you wish to be mentored on.
- Formatting guidelines: 12 pt Times New Roman, double spaced, indent at the start of new paragraph, no spaces between paragraphs, adhere to standard dialog formatting, and be sure to spell/grammar check your submission before uploading the file on your application.
- Submissions much be a Word file (.doc or .docx)
- DO NOT forget to attach your word document at the end of the application or your submission can't be processed.