AWARDS NOMINATION PROCESS
As was announced at the Membership meeting at the 2014 Conference in Portland and in emails to GCLS contacts and publishers, we instituted a new process for nominating books for the 2015 Goldie Awards season.
We saw great success with this new program! As such, we have decided to continue with the program for the 2016 Awards season.
Here are some reminders about the program:
You will be able to clone or copy nominations - you'll just have to change the book/author information. All of your contact information will remain. This will significantly reduce the amount of time it will take to submit multiple nominations.
You won't need to calculate your nomination fees. The program will calculate this for you and provide you with an invoice. You'll be able to pay immediately via Credit Card or PayPal Express Checkout...or send a check for your payment. (Please see the Nomination Deadlines page.)
Notifications will be sent to the nominator, the author, and the publisher once a nomination has been submitted and finalized.
You will upload your eBooks and cover photos at the time of nomination - you won't need to worry about it again and we won't be bugging finalists in April to send a cover photo.
Please read the following carefully:
- There are four steps to submitting a nomination (All of these steps must be completed according to
the appropriate deadlines before a nomination is submitted for judging):
- Complete the appropriate online Nomination Form. Note: Incomplete, incorrect or late
nominations will not be accepted.
- Submit payment for the total number of nominations according to the deadline timetable. Note:
The cost of each nomination is $35.00 per physical book and $30.00 per eBook. You can submit
one payment for all nominations at the time you complete the nomination forms. The cost to
nominate in the Ann Bannon and Tee Corinne categories is $15.
- For eBooks nominations you must upload three formats for each book — .epub, .pdf, and
.mobi/.prc during the nomination process. If submitting physical books you must send FIVE
copies (per category, if applicable) of each book being nominated, which must be received by the Awards Administrator
no later than the dates in the deadline timetable.
- Upload a high resolution .jpg file of the nominated book’s cover at the time you complete
the nomination forms.
- A book may be submitted in only one category, with two exceptions:
- Any debut writer’s first book may be submitted in both the Debut Author category and the genre category to which the book belongs (e.g. Debut and Romance)
- Any nominated book may be submitted for the Ann Bannon Popular Choice Award
- In the situation where more than one entity nominates the same book, the administrative fee will not be returned or prorated, but will be retained by the GCLS and allocated toward defraying administrative costs.
- Payment of the Award Nomination Administrative Fee is made online using a credit card or Paypal. Payment may also be made by check (preferred if over $100). Make checks payable to Golden Crown Literary Society and write the invoice number you’ll receive in the memo field on your check. Send your check to
Golden Crown Literary Society
PO Box 720154
Dallas, TX 75372
When submitting nominations, you will be required to provide your own contact information in addition to the following:
Title of the book (as it appears on the book)
Author's full name (as it appears on the book)
Publication date (mm/dd/yyyy or mm/yyyy)
Author's email address
Name of Publisher
Publisher's email address
Publisher's mailing address
If submitting eBooks, you'll need 3 versions - .epub, .mobi/.prc, .pdf. (These must be DRM-free so that all judges in a category can access them. We suggest watermarking the eBooks with "Review Copy" or something similar.) - Books not required for Ann Bannon and Tee Corinne.
A high-resolution .jpg/.jpeg file of the Cover Image.
For Tee Corinne - Cover Artist's full name (as it appears on the book)
For Tee Corinne - Cover Artist's email address
For Tee Corinne - A high-resolution .jpg/.jpeg file of the full cover image (including front, back, and spine).
Of course, if you have questions at any time, please contact the Awards Administrators at Awards@goldencrown.org.