The GCLS as a oad range of sponsorship and donation opportunities av
appppilable to both corporate and private individuals. To view the marketing and visibility benefits associated with a sponsorship, please see the section below entitled "Sponsorship Benefits".hy a GCLS Sponsor!
Why Sponsor the GCLS?
The GCLS has a broad range of sponsorship and donation opportunities available to both corporate and private individuals.
GCLS Sponsors are corporations, publishers, and authors who seek an opportunity to support the LGBTQ community, and in particular the lesbian community. Our conference offers great visibility for our sponsors. For example, at the Marquis level, you could have signage at the Awards Ceremony, and/or our general sessions, four breakout sessions, recognition in both the Conference and the Awards Night programs, other signage, logo & link on our website footer for a year, and more. To view the marketing and visibility benefits associated with a sponsorship please see the section below entitled "Sponsorship Benefits."
The GCLS is a 501(c)3 organization, whose mission is education, promotion, and recognition of lesbian literature. We currently have over 600 members, ~2,000 'likes' on Facebook, ~1,000 followers on Twitter, and we have an annual conference where we are expecting 450 attendees in 2016, with attendance increasing an average of 15%-20% per year. Additionally, we attend or hold smaller events around the country during the year, where we have informational booths or offer "Author Spotlights".
Our website is one of our prime informational resources for our members, the public and the LGBTQ community about the organization. Our members are very active, and stay in touch via regional and genre online groups on our website, the GCLS Facebook page, a Yahoo Group, Twitter and more, throughout the year. We have multiple educational programs and resources including a year long Writing Academy and a multi tiered Mentoring Program that are very successful, where the majority of students are now published authors.
Sponsorships are critical to the GCLS as they support the various events that the GCLS hosts or participates in, the largest of which is the Annual Conference.
Please note: The IRS identifies Sponsorships as a means to provide the sponsor with marketing and other visibility benefits in return for their investment, and therefore may have reduced or no value for tax deductions - please check with your tax accountant. If you are looking for a fully tax deductible contribution, please visit ourDonation page.
You can view all sponsorship opportunities in our EStore: You can choose Conference Sponsorships or Organizational Sponsorships to view the various options for each.
PLEASE NOTE: We also offer SPECIAL SPONSORSHIPS at the Gold Level and above that are customized to meet your business needs. Please contact our Director of Fundraising, Liz Coit at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Executive Director, Liz Gibson, at email@example.com
GCLS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Our greatest opportunity for sponsors and their visibility is our annual conference held in July each year. This is a five (5) day event, starting on a Wednesday, ending on Sunday. We offer Master Classes, Sessions, Panels, Author Spotlights, evening events and our Annual Awards Night that consists of a formal reception, the Awards Ceremony, and dance. Our awards include 14 genre categories of lesbian literature, a debut author category, the Ann Bannon Popular Choice Award, the Tee Corinne Outstanding Cover Design Award, the Lee Lynch Classic Book Award, the Trailblazer Award (to a long published author of lesbian literature), and the Director's Award (for service to the organization).
Our conference moves around the country each year, from east coast to central to west coast cities. Future conferences will be held at:
This is a great opportunity to support the LGBT community, and in particular, the lesbian community. In addition to our attendees, we open up the Vendor room and the author signing event to the general public on Friday afternoon - increasing visibility for our sponsors to the local population.
Select a link below to:
The following is a list of benefits received from the GCLS, as recognition of the generosity of our sponsors. We do not take sponsorships for granted, and we will work with each and every sponsor to ensure you receive the recognition associated with your sponsorship.
Marquis Sponsors ($10,000+)
- Logo with link in the footer of our website for one year, listing you as a Marquis Sponsor;
- Logo with link on “Our Sponsors” page on our website listing you as a Marquis Sponsor;
- Logo on the footer of all internal (to members) and external communications from the Board – electronic and paper;
- Listing as a Marquis Sponsor in our Conference program AND the Awards Program;
- One Full page color ad in the Conference Program AND one full page in the Awards Program;
- Sponsor provided signage / banner (on mutual agreement) for the specific function(s) or event(s) being sponsored (must meet hotel requirements);
- Company logo on Conference Sponsors Signage in Conference Foyer, as a Marquis Sponsor;
- Two free vendor tables and two vendor passes to the conference;
- Two full access passes to the Conference;
- Two additional passes to Awards Night
Emerald Sponsors ($5000 - $9,999)
- Logo with link on footer of our website as an Emerald Sponsor for one year;
- Logo with link on “GCLS Sponsors” page on our website as an Emerald Sponsor;
- Company name listed as an Emerald Sponsor in Conference program & Awards Program;
- Full page color ad in the Conference Program;
- Company name and logo on signage for event or function being sponsored;
- Company logo on Conference Sponsors Signage in Conference Foyer, as an Emerald Sponsor;
- Two free vendor tables and two free vendor passes;
- One full access pass to the Conference.
Gold Sponsors ($1000 - $4999)
- Logo with link on “GCLS Sponsors” page on our website as a Gold Sponsor;
- Company name listed as Gold Sponsor in Conference program & Awards Program;
- Half page ad in Conference program;
- Company /personal name and logo on conference/event sponsors signage;
- Company / personal name on sponsored event signage;
- Up to two free vendor tables and two free vendor passes to the conference.
Silver Sponsors ($250 - $999)
- Logo and link on “Our Sponsors” page on our website as a Silver Sponsor;
- Company name listed as a Silver Sponsor in Conference program & Awards Program;
- Company /personal name with logo on conference sponsors signage;
- Company / personal name on sponsored event signage.
Special Sponsorships (Customized to meet your needs) are available at the Gold or higher levels of Sponsorship.