As the proposer, you have the following responsibilities:
- Give a title to the panel and write its description for the program
- Solicit and confirm 4 or 5 panelists and at least 1 alternate – strive for diversity: different roles (e.g., author, reader), various publishers or indie, diverse backgrounds and experience, etc.
- Obtain panelist information: you can have each complete a panelist application and return to you for inclusion in the packet, or you could fill out yourself.
- Define your role: if you wish to serve as a panelist, then you also must complete a panelist application. If you wish to serve as moderator, you will need to complete the moderator application. NOTE: you are not required to find your own moderator. We will support that portion of panels.
- Ensure that your proposal packet is received by the December 31st deadline
- Suggest a moderator (The Scheduling Committee makes the ultimate decision about who moderates which panel based on previous feedback.)
- Serve as the liaison between your panel and GCLS
- Communicate and involve your panel in preparation for the conference
- Apprise the Scheduling Chair of any changes to your panel