Each year, the GCLS conducts two fundraising auctions as part of the Annual Conference.
- The Silent Auction occurs throughout the first four days of the conference and raises money for the General Fund. People donate items or services and conference attendees can view the items and place their bids until Saturday afternoon. On Saturday, winning bidders pay and collect their items.
- The Live Auction primarily supports the Scholarship Fund, but leftover monies are allocated to the conference fund to pay for things such as technology at the awards ceremony. The Live Auction occurs during the conference and adopts a “Sotheby’s” theme, allowing conference attendees to engage in a lively and often entertaining bidding war for such items as tickets to future conferences, editing services, and valuable memorabilia.
Silent Auction Examples
- Autographed books
- Autographed photos
- Out-of-print books
- Fun things brought by our international members
- Mentoring - Writer Services
- Life Coaching Sessions
- Gift Cards
Live Auction Examples
- First dance with favorite author at the Awards Dance
- Character naming in an upcoming book
- Ticket to the next GCLS Conference
The list goes on and on! If you would like to make a donation, please complete the application below. You will be contacted by Amy Techau, the 2019 Silent/Live Auction Chairwoman. Every item must be accompanied by a registration form.
New this year:
We would like donors to submit a picture(s) of their item, along with a title and description. We hope to increase interest in the items prior to the conference by displaying them on the GCLS Website. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Amy at email@example.com
If you would like to see the items that have already been donated and will be available for bidding, CLICK HERE