To be approved for mentoring, your manuscript should have correct formatting and grammar. Our mentors are here to help you present a honed and polish copy of your work to publishers. They are not here to teach the basics of craft of writing. If you are in need of in-depth writing instruction, your mentor will recommend you apply to the writing academy or spend a year honing your skills before reapplying.
The Mentoring Program is available all year depending on the availability of mentors. We do try to match accepted applicants with mentors as quickly as possible. For more information, please CONTACT US.
Requirements for submissions:
- Novel: 5,000 word writing sample and a one page synopsis of your novel.
- Short Story: 2,000 to 6,000 and brief synopsis (no longer than 500 words).
- Your writing sample must be from a manuscript that you believe is almost ready for publication and the one that you wish to be mentored on.
- Formatting guidelines: 12 pt Times New Roman, double spaced, indent at the start of new paragraph, no spaces between paragraphs, adhere to standard dialog formatting, and be sure to spell/grammar check your submission before uploading the file on your application.
- Submissions much be a Word file (.doc or .docx)
- DO NOT forget to attach your word document at the end of the application or your submission can't be processed.