Mentoring Requirements & Process
Requirements for Submissions
- 10-page writing sample and a maximum one-page synopsis of your novel.
- Your writing sample must be from the manuscript you plan to submit for mentoring, and one that you believe you have taken as far as you possibly can without mentoring.
- Your sample and your manuscript must be as clean a copy as you can manage. That means you have revised it at least once and you have checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Submissions much be a Word file (.doc or .docx)
- 12 pt Times New Roman or Arial
- double spaced
- indent at the start of a new paragraph
- no spaces between paragraphs
- adhere to standard dialog formatting
- spell/grammar check your submission before uploading the file on your application
Mentee Application Process
1) Sign in to your GCLS Account on our website at http://goldencrown.org
2) Click the link below to start Mentee Application
3) Fill out the application – but do not submit - see (4)
4) Upload your writing sample, including a brief synopsis, to the application form.
5) Complete the simple math problem to prove the application is being made by a person and not a ‘bot. Then click send.
If you have any questions, please CONTACT US.