"Las Vegas Entertainment" - well, that seems like it should be pretty obvious, right? After all, Vegas is open 24/7/365. sitting in a casino and engaging in some good people watching can be entertainment enough!
But, being the people we are, we wanted to provide you with a list of some nifty stuff we found. Once again, we'll direct you to Vegas.com and VisitLasVegas.com for other options and more extensive details.
SCOOTER RENTAL: If you're looking for a little help getting around the conference...or Las Vegas...Las Vegas Scooters has extremely reasonable rental rates. They will deliver the scooter to Bally's and pick it up when you're done with it. They have a variety of rates based on the length of the rental. Most are less than $100 for a week! Check them out!
Museums & Art Galleries
- The Neon Museum: 770 Las Vegas Blvd., North, (702) 387-6366
- The museum offers day and night guided tours of the Neon Boneyard, a collection of signs from more than 100 retired hotels, casinos, motels and wedding chapels. ADA compliant. Day Tours begin at 10 a.m.
- $19. ($15 for seniors/Veterans/Students. Tour tickets can be purchased one month in advance
- 10 am - 10 pm
- The Mob Museum: 300 Stewart Avenue, Downtown Las Vegas, near Fremont Street, (702) 229-2734
Burlesque Hall of Fame: 1027 S Main St #110, (888) 661-6465
- The Mob Museum, officially the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, is a history museum located in Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada. The Mob Museum is dedicated to featuring the artifacts, stories, and history of organized crime in the United States, as well as the actions and initiatives by law enforcement to prevent such crimes
- $26.95 ($2 discount when purchased online); other ticketing options available (see website)
- 9 am - 9pm
- Small museum displaying burlesque costumes, photographs & famous dancers' personal effects. 400 artifacts
- $15 General Admission; $12 with Nevada ID; $10 student/senior/active or retired military (w/ ID)
- Tuesday-Saturday 10 am - 6 pm; First Friday (July 6) open until 9pm)
- Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art: Across Las Vegas Blvd from Bally's in the Promenade Shops across from the main pool entrance
- Affiliated with the Boston Museum of Fine Art & Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- 10 am-8 pm
Tours and Exhibits
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory: 2 Cactus Garden Dr., Henderson, NV 89014 Roughly 10 miles from the Strip, near Mountain Vista and Sunset Road, (702) 435-2655
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Botanical Cactus Garden is only a 15-minute drive from the Strip. Forrest Mars Sr. opened the location in 1981. This is the only Ethel M factory in the world. The factory follows the same traditions of Ethel's kitchen. To this day, chocolates are still hand-packed into the boxes. While you're touring the facility, see chocolate in the making through the factory's windows, and get a free sample. In addition to chocolate, the factory also creates pecan brittle, peanut butter and caramel.
- 8:30 am - 6 pm Monday-Sunday
- Shark Reef Aquarium: Located in Mandalay Bay
- The Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay is a public aquarium located at and owned by the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Its main tank is 1,300,000 US gallons.
- 10 a.m.-10 p.m. daily
- Flamingo Wildlife Habitat: Located in the Flamingo Hotel
- 15 acres (inside the Flamingo Hotel) parrots, swans, humming birds, pelicans, flock of Flamingos.
- 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Casa De Shenanadoah: 3310 East Sunset Road, (702) 547-4811
- Wayne Newton Mansion/Estate with free RT shuttle from the Tropicana and Treasure Island, this 2-hour tour includes Art collection; car collection and grounds.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Check website for availability. The facility is currently undergoing construction - they do not have a completion date. So it may or may not be open while we are in Vegas.
- Madam Tussauds: Located in the Venetian
- Partied with Bradley Cooper in a swanky penthouse? Check. Practiced my DJ skills with Steve Aoki? Uhm, yes! Hopped on stage with Queen Bey? Totally. Celebrated VIP style with Justin Bieber at one of Vegas' hottest nightclubs? Definitely! And, guess what? You can too. (Seriously!) How? Easy. Madame Tussauds Las vegas. In The Venetian on the Las Vegas Strip!
- Prices range from $30 to $55 (discounts for purchasing online); Package options also available - visit website
- Sunday - Wednesday: 10am - 9pm; Thursday: 10am - 2am; Friday - Saturday: 10am - 10pm (Check website for extended hours)
- See more (helicopter tours, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, etc.)
Experiences and Attractions (see more)
- Slotzilla Zipline: The SlotZilla tower is just past the east end of the Viva Vision canopy (look for the giant slot machine)
- SlotZilla is a 12-story slot machine-inspired zip line attraction and is one of the best things to do in Las Vegas.The Zipline starts off 77 feet up. Flyers will be in a seated position and land halfway down the Fremont Street Experience pedestrian promenade, between the Four Queens and Fremont casinos. The Zoomline takes off more than 10 stories up (114 feet) and whisks flyers 1,750 feet, all the way down the Fremont Street Experience, to a landing platform at the city’s most historic casino, Golden Gate. The upper Zoomline provides even more thrills by sending flyers prone, or “superhero-style.”
- The lower Zipline is $25 (plus processing fees), the upper Zoomline is $45 (plus processing fees). Note: Fri. and Sat. after 6:00 p.m. are Primetime Pricing, $49. Save $5 on either line by flying before 6:00 pm.
- A. Upper Zoomline: Sunday through Thursday, 12 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.; Friday & Saturday, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.; Lower Zipline: Sunday through Thursday, 1:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.; Friday & Saturday, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Fear the Walking Dead Survival: 425 Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas
- Whether you’re a thrill-seeker, zombie fanatic or just appreciate a good adventure, you’ll love this attraction that’s part thrill ride, part escape room, part maze and part interactive video game. Fear the Walking Dead Survival is a collaboration between AMC, Fremont Street Experience and Triotech, a Canadian company that’s created dozens of technologically-advanced, interactive attractions around the world. This groundbreaking attraction features elaborate sets, immersive audio and high-tech motion simulator technology. Upon entering, guests are transported to the world of “Fear the Walking Dead,” set against a temporary military medical facility amidst growing rumors of a zombie outbreak. The attraction features a number of “zones” where guests can face their fears and escape a bloodthirsty hoard of the infected.
- $24, plus processing fee (Can purchase online)
- Sun. through Thu., 1:00 p.m. to midnight; Fri. and Sat., 1:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Vegas Indoor Skydiving: Located just off the Las Vegas Strip at 200 Convention Center Drive, 1-866-983-4279
- Not everybody wants to jump thousands of feet from an airplane. For the curious, yet not entirely daring, there's the thrill of indoor skydiving.
- Main Hours: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- CSI: The Experience: Located in Studio Walk inside MGM Grand, 1-866-983-4279
- If you ever had the itch to become a crime scene investigator but never got a chance to test out your skills, this is your perfect opportunity. At CSI: The Experience at MGM Grand, you'll go through a series of steps that will get you thinking like a real investigator. See how science and critical thinking combine as you piece together the clues in one of three crime scene mysteries. There are a total of three murders and 15 suspects, so you'll really get your mind going.
- Main Hours: 9 am to 9 pm