There are a few options for traveling into Chicago from our hotel in Rosemont. Which you choose will depend on a few things – how much you are willing to pay, how much time you have available to you, how much you want to walk, etc.
Here are a few alternatives for getting to the city from the hotel.
- You can create an account on the Lyft webpage.
- You can get the Lyft app on iPhone or Android.
- You can estimate the cost of the ride at Lyft’s webpage.
- Metra runs between Rosemont, IL and Union Station in Chicago on the North Central Service (NCS) line.
- The station is at 10005 Balmoral Ave – it’s about a 12-minute walk from the hotel or a 2-minute car ride.
- The train ride between Rosemont and Chicago is approximately 30 minutes.
- There are various trains running between Rosemont and Chicago throughout the day. The schedule for the NCS line is on their website. Use “Rosemont” and “Chicago Union Station” as the destination points when looking up train times.
- The Metra is reasonably priced – the cost between Rosemont and Chicago Union Station is $6 each way.
- Subway/"The L"/CTA – These are all interchangeable. (Although CTA also encompasses buses throughout the city.)
- The station is at 5801 N. River Rd. – it’s about a 12-minute walk from the hotel or a 9-minute bus ride (the bus stop is across the street from the hotel at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center).
- The train ride between Rosemont and Chicago is approximately 40-45 minutes (depending on your stop).
- There are various trains running between Rosemont and various stops in Chicago throughout the day.
- The schedule for the Blue line is on their website. Use “Rosemont” as the stop near the hotel. Choose your stop in Chicago based on your ultimate destination.
- There is also a “station map” on the website which indicates which stations to use for transfer to other train lines.
- Cost to use the subway is very reasonable and there are flexible ticketing options. These are listed on their website.
- Taking a taxi is probably the costliest of your transportation alternatives. (It cost 2 of our board members $80 from the hotel to Midway airport.)
- However, taxis are easy to get.
- There are usually taxis outside the hotel throughout the day.
- If it’s particularly busy, there may be a short wait, but if you let the concierge know you need a taxi, s/he will make sure one gets there as quickly as possible.
- If you need taxis for a group, talk to the concierge. They will make sure your needs are met – van, multiple cars, etc.