Golden Crown Literary Awards
Welcome to the site pages for the GCLS Literary Awards. These awards, also known as The Goldies, are presented each year at the Annual GCLS Conference to recognize excellence in Lesbian Literature.
At present, the GCLS recognizes this excellence in 19 'genre' categories and 5 special categories. Every year, the Board of Directors receives new category proposals for their consideration. The world of Lesbian Fiction is growing - and the GCLS is growing right along with it.
In 2016, the GCLS Board of Directors commissioned an independent review of the awards process. Independent Review Committee ("IRC") reports were presented to the Board of Directors and GCLS Membership during the 13th Annual Conference in Chicago, IL, and the 14th Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV.
The Awards Changes page reiterates and updates 2018 changes, as well as recommended changes for the 2019 Awards cycle. Changes for 2019 include: categories are differentiated into groups; two new categories have been added; and all evaluation questions completely revised.
Important things to do/remember BEFORE submitting a nomination:
- Read all of the GUIDELINES. You should be able to find all of the answers to your questions in the following section:
- We prefer that you submit EBOOKS - it's easier to get the books to judges, it saves the GCLS a great deal of money on shipping costs, and it saves YOU money (lower nomination fee, no cost for physical books, no shipping costs).
- If you have ANY questions after reading all of the guidelines and FAQs, please send an email to email@example.com before submitting your nominations. The Awards Administrators will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Click here to nominate a book
Click here to apply to be a Judge
- The online book nomination process opens by August 1, 2018 and will take a tiered submission approach. See the Nominations Deadlines page for all nomination, submission, and payment deadlines.
- A full listing of all nominations will be posted to the GCLS website in early February 2019.
- A "short list" of finalists will be announced in early May 2019.
- Winners will be announced and their awards presented at the Golden Crown Literary Society's Annual Awards Ceremony on July 13, 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA. The list of winners will be available on the website within 24 hours.